EFFECTIVE JUNE 29, 2020
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- Your rights regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Who else has access to your Personal Data
- How we secure your Personal Data
- Children's Privacy
- Information about Cookies
- Contact information
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – Copy Ads Content, owned and operated by 10960039 Canada Inc.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited with a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Personal Data Rights
Rights for the Data Subject are the following:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data We Collect
We collect the following Personal Data from you:
Information provided by you
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
- Telephone Number(s)
- Blog or Website URL
- Social Networking Handle or Username
- Demographic Information (e.g., age, gender, interests, and preferences)
- Professional Title
- Information Collected Automatically ( refer to section below )
- Information Received from Third Parties ( refer to section below )
In certain cases, we may request that you provide some of the Information identified above in order for you to receive specific products or services (such as registering for a Copy Ads Content Email Course or accessing and downloading any Copy Ads Content white papers). If you choose not to provide the Information we request, you may still use Copy Ads Content, but you may be unable to access certain features or services.
When you register to receive any products or services from Copy Ads Content or provide information to Copy Ads Content in any other manner, you agree to provide only true, accurate, current and complete information.
Information Collected Automatically
Copy Ads Content may automatically receive and log certain types of information when you visit or interact with our websites, services, and other products, including:
- Browser Information
- Operating System Information
- Mobile Device Information (e.g., device identifier, mobile operating system, etc.)
- IP Address
- Internet Service Provider
- Content Viewed
- Geographic Location
- Connection Speed
- Time of Visit
- Referring Site, Application, or Service
- Registration Time
Information Received from Third Parties
If you choose to use any third party website or service that is integrated with Copy Ads Content, including a third party social networking or blogging site, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or WordPress (“Third Party Websites”) – we may receive Information, including Personally Identifying Information, from such Third Party Websites, including, but not limited to:
- Nickname or Username
- Photo or Graphic Avatar
- Unique Third Party Website Identifier (e.g., Twitter User ID)
- Biographical or Demographic Information (e.g. professional title, gender, university attended, etc.)
- Likes and Interests
- Any Information That Is Publicly Available on Third Party Websites
To put this in perspective, Copy Ads Content may offer the ability to use certain Third Party Websites to facilitate your registration on Copy Ads Content. We may also use information about your profile and connections on Third Party Websites to allow you to share or connect with your friends and contacts on Copy Ads Content or to personalize your experience. In addition, Copy Ads Content offers “plugins” and “widgets” from various Third Party Websites that allow you to share information from Copy Ads Content, as mentioned below in “How We Use Your Personal Information”.
Your decision to use, or share with, a Third Party Website when accessing or using Copy Ads Content products and services is completely voluntary. Copy Ads Content is not responsible for compliance with the policies or practices of any Third Party Website. You should ensure that you are comfortable with the information such Third Party Websites may make available to Copy Ads Content by reviewing those Websites’ privacy policies and service terms, and by modifying your privacy settings and preferences on those Services.
Publicly available information
We may gather information about you that is publicly available.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- Provide Copy Ads Content products and services
- Fulfill your requests
- Improve our products and services
- Personalize and tailor your experience on Copy Ads Content
- Operate our business
- Understand how website visitors are engaging with Copy Ads Content
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
On the grounds of entering into a contract or fulfilling contractual obligations, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To identify you for communication purposes
- To provide you a service or to send/offer you a product
- To communicate either for sales or invoicing
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you personalized offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- To administer and analyze our client base (purchasing behavior and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of products/ services offered/provided;
- To conduct questionnaires concerning client satisfaction;
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same to your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- For other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your billing information and other information gathered about you for as long as needed for accounting purposes or other obligations deriving from law.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context, and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- The further Processing would not harm your interests and
- There would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
- Wave - We use Wave as our payment processor for our services.
- PayPal - We may also use PayPal to process payments for our services.
Connected third parties:
- Google Analytics - We use Google Analytics to improve the user experience of our website.
- ActiveCampaign - We use Active Campaign for email marketing and automation.
- WordPress - We use WordPress for our website.
- Google Forms - We use Google Forms for market research and improving the website's experience.
- Facebook - We use Facebook for marketing and advertising.
- Calendly - We use Calendly to schedule meetings and consultation with prospects and clients.
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it or if there are other legal grounds for it.
How We Secure Your Personal Data
We do our best to keeping your Personal Data safe and secure. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We use security tools to monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. Stored data is encrypted when possible.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
Children's PrivacyWe do not intend to collect or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children. We do not target children with our services. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Cookies and Other Technologies We Use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Please note, choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions and services.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services
- Advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer by viewing your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.